6.02.2010

summertime sewing

When I visited D.C. this past month, I had the opportunity to visit with my Grandpa Norm Wheeler and my Grandma Louise Wheeler, my mother's parents who live in Bally, PA.

Grandma is a true artist, venturing into all forms of craftiness, including knitting, rug hooking, crocheting, painting, sewing, drawing, jewelry making, needlecraft, etc. I received some retro fabric from her collection and I decided to put some of it to use by making a clothespin holder for the clothesline I hung this week out in our backyard. I love the holder! Eco-friendly (by saving energy) and sweet vintage retro.
This was my first experience working with bias tape. I think I will try it again!

1 comment:

Living in oblivion said...

Wow! I am all caught up on your blog! You are just as cute as EVER!!! Congratulations! You sooo rock!! Hahahahahaha on the poop! Loved your Luau outfits! you guys are the coolest!!! Hope our duty stations cross again soon!!!