10.04.2008

Yoga Bag

Today I spent some time using my sewing machine before it will be shipped off with our move. I had been eyeing this Amy Butler yoga bag pattern for a few months since I use a Yoga mat and exercise ball for core-strengthening Pilates. After purchasing the fabric I needed to make it here (House of 66), I ordered some stabilizer online at JOANN.COM , but was disappointed when it never showed up, and in fact, had been out of stock when I ordered! I had almost given up on making it, but gratefully my neighbor Joanne showed me where to find stabilizer at House of 66 this weekend (**hint--it is on the 2nd floor by the zippers and buttons @ 500 yen per yard). By following the pattern to a "T," my end results were great! Unfortunately, I sent my mat in my express shipment earlier this week and can't test it out until next month!
Although it isn't clear in the directions, I used stabilizer on both my exterior fabric and liner, and although I had one needle casualty in the process of stiching the final thick edge, I am glad I waited to use stabilizer--it is completely worth its weight in sturdiness.
My favorite part of the design is the outer pocket area with three partitions.
My helper Roxy likes to get hair all over everything!

2 comments:

Kas said...

Oh that's so cute! You've really gotten good at sewing for a novice! I'm so excited you're coming back. If it's not too late... could you bring home or ship me a Yukata for Dakota? Like a size 12 mos or 18 mos? Let me know how much and I'll pay you for it. If its too late..don't worry. I didn't realize you were already getting packed!

Laura Barnett said...

I love the yoga bag! I've been wanting to make one myself. I love amy butler fabric and patterns.