9.30.2008

Express Shipment

In a total of 58 minutes, the Japanese moving company came and took our rather large express shipment today. Amazing. I have a few tips for future Okinawan movers:

1) NO LIQUIDS>>>ZERO. I kept hearing "no opened cleaning products" and "no aerosols" at all the moving briefs. Guess what?? Those phrases are UNDER-STATEMENTS. What they really mean is no Body Shop bubble bath, no astringent,no swiffer sweeper cleaner. No Aunt Jemima's Syrup, Purex, Palmolive, or Bugspray. The little man packaging the bathroom items politely took my liquids, opened and unopened, out of the containers they were in and placed them on the table. Got it?
2) TAKE YOUR PICTURES OFF THE WALL IN YOUR HALLWAY TO THE FRONT DOOR. Obviously I forgot to do that--it makes it easier for them to move your stuff out. 'Nuff said.
3) DON'T HOUND THE MOVERS. They really do know what they are doing over here. Matter of a fact, they don't even want you touching things or helping pack. Get out of their way and stay out. They disassemble and wrap faster than you can say "arigato." They even wrapped my plastic plates individually. What service!
4) THEY SPEAK AND WRITE ENGLISH. I was impressed. They listed all of the items I had, in English, on both the boxes and paperwork. Have no fear, no language barrier here...
Before

After

3 comments:

MeleFamily said...

I think you told me but i cant remember, where are you guys moving to??? and thanks for the comment. The second i looked at my house and saw it looked like military housing I told my husband I was going to paint!!! It feels alot more like MY home now!! and i totally sympathize with the no liquids i had hundreds of dollars of lotions and perfumes and even candles that they wouldnt send. well i guess someone banked on bath and body works and yankee candles that day. I was very sad!!Hope the rest of your move goes well!!!

Cook Family said...

Wow, they already came huh? Those are some good tips to know for the future. If you need anything in the meantime, I am only a hop skip and a jump away :)

CJF said...

Goodness, this all seems to be happening so quickly! You guys will be gone soon. Hope the rest goes smooth