11.02.2010

Bountiful Baskets

I am really enjoying Bountiful Baskets harvests! Thanks to several friends at church, we now have a fruit/veggie Co-Op to participate in since a delivery truck is finally stopping down here in Sierra Vista. The baskets typically contain 50% fruit, 50% vegetable. You can't choose what comes in the shipment, but I haven't received anything I despise or couldn't easily share with others. Last shipment we got artichokes. YUM! This time, we receive a pineapple and some pears. You can look to see if your area has one at the website, HERE. For $15.00, and giving local farmers business, you can't beat it! The picture below is from the first week I participated, but was taken after I gave away a stalk of celery, a stalk of romaine lettuce, a big bunch of champagne grapes, half of the sweet potatoes, and several bananas.

3 comments:

Jason, Liz, and Troy said...

I am a huge fan of Bountiful Baskets! Haven't gotten one for a while but will be as soon as I get back to Idaho-land!

joyful704 said...

yummm!!! love the new song on your site too!! have to get that one.

Jill said...

Wow, what a great thing! I'd do it if I could. BTW, I love the music!