11.09.2009

5K Run

No pictures today. Jared and I ran the first official organized 5K run that I have participated in since high school this past Saturday. In Okinawa, I ran a few 5Ks on Kadena Air Force base, but you had to run 6 races to receive a prize water bottle, 12 races to get a prize tee-shirt, etc. Needless to say, I did not ever receive a token of participation...too many Saturday mornings to waste for a cheap gift! However, I was excited when Jared presented me a registration form about a month ago for this weekend's Veteran's Day 5k.

The run itself was not my best run, but my lungs hurt all yesterday and I felt a little sore in my hamstrings this morning, so I know I tried hard! Jared placed 7th in his age group and 15th overall and I placed 6th in my age group and 25th overall. If not anything else, we have great satisfaction in knowing we beat a bunch of active duty Soldiers during the race!

2 comments:

Jer and Lish said...

That is awesome! Good for you guys. I hate running so you will never see me in a 5K.

Foote Family said...

Congrats on your run! I ran a few on Kadena, but never enough to get a prize. I hope the thesis is coming along. It will be such a relief to finish!