7.15.2009

Ramsey Vista Campground

Jared treated me to a camping trip this last weekend (I think he was feeling guilty since he knew he was leaving for three weeks of TDY in Norfolk, so he caved in to my request!).

We drove up Carr Canyon and hunkered down at the Ramsey Vista Campground. On the drive up, we could see rain clouds in the distance, but we were spared during our entire overnight visit, despite camping during the middle of "monsoon" season.

The roads were really rocky and bumpy...we were so glad we paid to have the wagon aligned LAST weekend...ha. We'lll take the F-150 up next time.



We both pitched in:

I did the loading, and unloading,

Jared set up the tent,
I started/stoked the fire,
Jared gathered firewood,

And we both enjoyed some beans, weanies and S'MORES thanks to our fire. It was somewhat therapeautic to stare into the flames while eating chocolate!!

In the morning we hiked.

Overall, I rate the trip a 9 outta 10; I only say that because I had a rough night sleep due to other (loud) campers and traffic... However, it was well worth the $10.00 we paid for one overnight. Don't forget to haul your own water up and to bring cash or check to self-pay!
If you need want more information about this campground, read HERE.

4 comments:

Jer and Lish said...

It looks like you had a great time. I can't wait till the kids are old enough to go camping.

CJF said...

wow I like that first picture!

Living in oblivion said...

Looks like sooo much fun!! Someday i want to pack for just Ed and I!! Aleast there isn't a diaper bag anymore for us!!! LOL!

Cook Family said...

It looks like you are having a good time over there! It is fun to see home!