12.01.2008

Holiday Traditions

Jared's mom always purchases a new ornament each year for us to place on our Christmas tree. She writes each person's initials (and the year) on the ornament so we don't forget when we received it. I think it's a great tradition and I am glad she passed this tradition on to us. Jared has some of the sweetest little ornaments from his childhood. When he puts them up, I think it causes him to reflect upon the fact that he is getting old!

This year we were all able to help decorate Jennifer's Christmas tree on Thanksgiving. Kayleigh was a great helper!

2 comments:

Our family said...

Looks like fun! I especially like the kids museum! So, I happened to notice you are wearing slippers... were you always in the habit or is that thanks to Japan?? I'm getting in the habit of wearing them now that we're in KZ, though Chris had been working on it with me since we started dating!

Kas said...

I'm so excited that you are back in the country! We must plan a trip to meet up! AZ is a lot closer to UT than DC! :) Miss ya!